I graduated with my BS in Sociology from UCM, and then got my MA in School Counseling from MNU. This is my second year at Lawson, and I love it here!
Some of my responsibilities here at Lawson include:
- doing twice monthly guidance lessons in each classroom
- facilitating several small groups (with 3-4 students) each semester
- working individually with students
- collaborating with families, teachers, administration, school social worker, school nurse, and school psychologist to best meet student needs
- checking in with students as issues arise
- providing daily behavior feedback for students
- participating on both the Building Leadership Team and the Student Intervention Team
When I'm not working, I am usually doing one of these things:
- spending time with friends/family
- laughing at my cat, Edith
- cooking (and eating)
- watching Netflix
Follow me on Instagram, @counselingwithmsmckim for updates on projects and building initiatives, as well as resources and counseling tools!